Coconut is known generally . You can smell it in sunscreen products !!!In Spanish and Portuguese language, coconut means “smiling face”. In Indian language it means “the tree which gives in all the ingredients for the life”. People in Philippines consider coconut as the “tree of life”…
Here it is what we read and like to share with you:
- All of its parts…water, oil, milk, sugar, crumb… can be used
- It has antioxidant and anti-aging properties. It contains many vitamins, minerals and trace elements such as vitamin B, calcium, potassium, magnesium, iron, zinc and manganese.
- It’s water is quite nutritional and refreshing. Since it offers a deep hydration it is recommended to athletes and to people who are under the sun many hours.
- It has anticancer properties due to its high cytokine content.
- It reduces blood pressure and improves brain functions.
- It kills pathogenic microbes
- Its oil doesn’t create fat to our body
- It reduces hunger
- It is an excellent product for face, body, hair and teeth.
Finally, coconut is a superfood…a super hero!!! Are you still thinking about it?
Kyriaki Solomonidou, AthensTrainers® Associate