Exercise of the week!
Starting positionPlank position on your forearms keeping your toes tucked under, torso parallel to the ground and shoulders above your elbows.
Inhale and lifting your pelvis toward the ceiling. Exhale and return to starting position. 3 set x 15 rep
- Keep your shoulders away from your ears
- Belly button towards the spine
- During exhalation lift your tailbone toward the ceiling and keep your head off the floor
- During exhalation keep your belly engaged to maintain the alignment
- Legs are extended and engaged
This exercise engages all the body specially abdominals, shoulders and back.
Sofia Papageorga, Yoga & Pilates Instructor, Personal Trainer, AthensTrainers® Associate