Exercise of the week!
All in one…
What do I mean? …squats, core rotation, shoulder press…all in one exercise!!!
Are you ready..?
Standing position, holding the two middle grips of the powerbag, placing them on the upper arms and shoulders, chest height.
Push your pelvis backwards, bend your knees and perform squat just below 90 degrees. Then engage your leg muscles, push hard your heels on the ground, move upright twisting your body to the right side and press the powerbag up, overhead. Repeat turning the body on the left side.
- In starting position, place your feet shoulder width apart and the powerbag “resting” on the arms and shoulders while keeping your elbows high.
- «Sit back …. !!!” push your hips backwards while bending the knees.
- Protect your knees. During squatting keep your knees behind your toes.
- Keep your chest boosted, your spine in neutral position and hold your elbows high.
- From the squat, pivot and rotate up towards right or left side.
- Press the bag overhead extending to the elbows. In final position, head is in between the arms.
- Lower the bag at chest height by bending the elbows, keeping them in front and upright.
- Look up and ahead.
- Place your heels firmly on the ground. Push back strongly on to your heels as you come up.
Grigoris Dogas, Personal Trainer, Seminar lecturer, AthensTrainers® Associate
Editing Varvara Solomonidou