Exercise of the week!An ideal exercise for PowerHouse strengthening , trunk control, pelvic stability and balance.
Lie flat on your back, placing the miniball under your sacrum – between your lower back and glute. Place your hands palm over palm at the base of the neck. Extend your legs over hips straight up to the ceiling. Curl the head and shoulders off the mat.
Inhale and during exhalation lower both legs towards the mat until they reach 45°. Inhale and return to starting position
– Keep your head and torso lifted
– Chest boosted
– PH in and up while elongating your legs
– Lower your legs until 45° angle
– Keep your gaze at your knees
- Heels together toes apart (Pilates Stance)
- Toes together heels apart
- Flex parallel feet
- Heels together toes apart (flex)
- Toes together heels apart (flex)
- Bent knees in basic exercise and all five variations
Ioanna Tsaroucha, Pilates Instructor, AthensTrainers® Associate