Exercise of the week!An exercise that aims at teasers! Experiment with your balance.
Supine position, legs in Pilates Stance position (heels together with the toes pointing slightly out) extended to a 45 degree angle. Arms extended above your head.
Inhale and during exhalation tuck chin, roll upper body off mat until a “V” is created and simultaneously your arms are coming up to parallel your legs
- Begin the exercise by rolling your head to the chest in order to avoid tiring your neck
- In starting position keep your arms above your ears to avoid lordosis
- During rolling up engage the PH in and up, belly button towards the spine
- In final position keep your chest “open” and shoulders sideways and back, slide your shoulder blades towards the pelvis
- Elongate the spine upwards while lowering your shoulder blades towards the pelvis
- Keep your neck elongated and your gaze at the eye level
- Elongate your legs
- Make sure to keep everything to the central line of the body.
Alternatively, you can have your hands parallel to the floor or above your ears during exhalation , while lifting and lowering your legs, or having a mini ball between the knees or ankles with foot flex or point.
Amprazis Demosthenes, Pilates & Yoga Instructor, AthensTrainers® Associate