Exercise of the week!
Sit sideways with your legs bent to one side. Place the supporting hand in line with the seated hip a few inches in front of the shoulder. The free arm on is parallel with the mat , palm up holding the toning ball.
Inhale and during exhalation press into your supporting arm and legs, extending your body while bringing the free arm upward and over your head “drawing a rainbow”
- Belly button towards the spine (PH in and up)
- Place the supporting hand in line with the seated hip a few inches in front of the shoulder
- Feel the stretch as you bring the free arm upward and over your head
- Support your body weight on your palm or fist (in case you feel pain on your wrist) and on your bent legs
- At final position the hand that holds the toning ball should be “faced down”
- 4-6 reps on each side
Despoina Pane, Pilates Instructor, AthensTrainers® Associate
Editing by Varvara Solomonidou