Let’s start our weekly program with an exercise that engages the PH (group of muscles), decompresses and mobilizes our spine, improves flexibility and stretches the back side of the body. Its name: roll over / spine roll
Lie on your back with your arms along your sides. Keep your legs together and extended them straight up toward the ceiling at an 80-degree angle.
Inhale and during exhalation draw your hips and legs over until they are parallel to the ground. Inhale and flex your feet , exhale and slowly lower your body keeping your legs close to it and return to starting position.
– Chest boosted
– PH in and up
– Avoid using momentum while lifting your legs
– Control your move articulating your spine
– At final position legs are parallel to the ground
– Support your body weight on the shoulders (not the neck)
– Keep your feet flexed while returning to starting position
– Elongate your arms
Ioanna Tsaroucha, Pilates Instructor, AthensTrainers® Associate