Exercise of the week! Starting position: Supine position with your hands by your sides,knees bent, feet on the mat hip width apart, foam roller under your heels.
Execution: Inhale and during exhalation engage your abdominals and lift your pelvis vertebrae by vertebrae until is aligned with your knees and your shoulders.
- Avoid engaging your cervical spine
- Press your heels against the foam roller to maintain your balance
- Begin the exercise engaging your hips
- Avoid engaging your arms
- Shoulder blades gliding towards pelvis
- Move according to the coccyx on the way up to your bridge and according to sternum on the way down to neutral spine
Dimoutsos Evangelos, Personal Trainer, AthensTrainers® Associate