Exercise of the week! Sitting cross-legged position with your arms at your sides and your fingertips touching the toning balls.
Inhale and during exhalation perform a side bend, reaching one arm overhead and the other roll on the toning ball. Inhale and return to starting position.
- Belly button towards the spine (PH in and up)
- Keep your chest “open” and shoulders sideways and back
- Inhale and elongate your spine
- Keep your shoulders over your sitting bones at starting position. During execution, keep your shoulders and hips vertically on the mat.
- When performing side bent to one side keep the opposite sitting bone planted on the mat
Despoina Pane, Pilates Instructor, AthensTrainers® Associate