Exercise of the week!Starting position
Standing position, feet hip width apart holding ball directly in front of your chest.
Inhale and and take a large step back and then lower your body until both legs are bent, twisting your torso to the front leg. Exhale and return to starting position.
- Keep your core straight during the exercise
- Your knee shouldn’t exceed your toes
- Rotate only your core (the thoracic spine) followed by arms and head
- During rotation your abdomen is like a squeezed wet towel
- Your front heel is “planted” in the floor
Perform 3 set x 12 reps for each leg
This is a compound exercise that engages various muscles such as gluteus, quadriceps, abdomen and muscles of the shoulders.
Sofia Papageorga, Yoga & Pilates Instructor, Personal Trainer, AthensTrainers® Associate