As a personal trainer I have met many people who step on their scale almost every day…
These people have a permanent anxiety for the extra 100 or 300 grams that it may show.
There are simple ways to control our weight using the scale but only once a week, same day, same time and under the same conditions (usually after waking up).
- Use a tight outfit as a measure and feel the difference
- Look at yourself in the mirror. The scale can not distinguish the difference between weight and fat (which is important when you lose weight to body composition) and can not tell you if you are stronger or faster. What matters most is how you look and not how much your weight is!
- Try having a healthy diet, including proteins, carbohydrates and fats … not chemical or unilateral diets!
- Do you exercise ??? If not then try to be active during the day. For example, use the stairs instead of the elevator, walk instead of using the car for short distances, take the bike, clean your garden … etc !!!!
- Although you may have thousands of diets from your friends or magazines, arrange regular visits to a dietitian to help you maintain the proper body weight or solve any problems you may have.
Remember that each diet has different effects among people….everyone is unique, with different weight, height, body shape, body composition, pelvic perimeter etc. You need a diet specially created for you.
Varvara Solomonidou,Wellness Specialist, Personal Trainer, Seminar & Conference Lecturer, Pilates Master Trainer “AthensTrainers® Ultimate Pilates System®”, General Manager & Owner of AthensTrainers®