Keeping cool in warm weather is a challenge. There are lots of simple and effective ways to stay cool in warm weather and most of them are very affordable.
- Stay hydrated. Water is essential for keeping you cool during hot weather. Water keeps your body cool and should be drunk even if you don’t feel thirsty.
- Choose cooling foods. Food can keep you cool provided you make the right choices. Choose salads, fresh raw food, vegetables and fruit. Avoid eating meat and protein-heavy foods
- Make food without using the oven or stove. Find foods that don’t need to be cooked, or don’t need heat to be cooked.
- Protecting yourself from the sun. It’s best to limit your sun exposure between the hours of 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. each day during warmer months.
- Wear sunscreen
- Wear lighter clothing. Lightweight, loose-fitting clothing will help to keep you cooler.
- Keep your head covered. Wear a wide-brimmed hat
- Use fans and air conditioning
- Close curtains and blinds. The sun’s rays convert to heat.