They are soft and useful…They are the new generation of functional training system…
They were firstly used in 2003 by Rugby teams in England and then by the army and navy.
Their weight varies from 3 to 35 kilos. They are made of a material which is easily cleaned with various handles, with a padded interior and sack with sand. So they can be used indoors and outdoors, everywhere and with evety condition.
It applies to every training goal and sport. It enables the body to operate in all the axes of movement and it is suitable for all ages, men and women,novices and athletes.
It combines simple, complex and polyarticular movements and it gives emphasis to stabilization and proprioception.
The big advantage of them is the dynamic movements, the plyometrics, the throws, the jumps, the games and the partner exercises. The grip and the damping of bruises are possible because of various handles while you perform the exercises.
- They are soft
- The lack of stabilization makes the deadlift more difficult
- Focus on achieving a quality of motion
- Avoiding injuries due to construction of powerbag (the angular velocity is low during the performance of rotational movements) • The exercises can be dynamic, static or a combination of both of them
- We achieve either the isolation of muscle groups or functional exercises
- They give a variety and intensity in training programs (we take the advantage either from the weight of powerbag either from the speed during the movement )
- The training with powerbags transforms your space or a court (outside) into a “gym” … Workout anywhere, anytime!!!!!!
- During a transportation to travel (the inner bag can be emptied and easily transportable) • Improvement of synchronization, coordination and proprioception
Responsible of Education “POWERBAG TRAINING” in “AthensTrainers®” is Grigoris Dogas, Personal Trainer, Seminar lecturer, AthensTrainers® Associate
Varvara Solomonidou,Wellness Specialist, Personal Trainer, Seminar & Conference Lecturer, Pilates Master Trainer “AthensTrainers® Ultimate Pilates System®”, General Manager & Owner of AthensTrainers®