It has become the ultimate “prop” that you must definitely have if you are a yoga teacher or as a trainee …The yoga wheel was created by yoga master, Sri Dharma Mittra and his son, Yogi Varuna. It is thin and made of plastic or wood. Its outer surface is covered with TPE material in order to be comfortable during practice. Its circular shape makes it functional and unique.
You can order yoga wheel trough Life Technologies, www.lifet.gr
Benefits of yoga wheel:
- Stretches shoulders, chest, abdomen and hips. So, in case you follow a sedentary lifestyle then … take the opportunity to relieve yourself by stretching your back.
- Allows you to perform asanas that are not attainable
- Allows you to move even deeper into your asanas, particularly the ones that require backbends and “chest opening”
- Improves balance and proprioception
- You can use it to warm up and improve your flexibility
- Strengthens your “center” / “core” and body
- Strengthens the hamstrings
- You enjoy a massage throughout the spine while increasing its mobility. And finally…
- You have fun during exercising!
Varvara Solomonidou,Wellness Specialist, Personal Trainer, Seminar & Conference Lecturer, Pilates Master Trainer “AthensTrainers® Ultimate Pilates System®”, Member of European Lifestyle Medicine Organization (ELMO), DNAFit® Certified Trainer, General Manager & Owner of AthensTrainers®
Photos by Eleanna Kourkoulopoulou
BODY MAGAZINE February 2018