During summer the thighs become vulnerable to self-induced friction. This burns the skin on the inner thighs leaving it raw, red and painful. This is especially common in people who love to exercise or walk for long distances.
To effectively prevent and stop this problem you should:
- Ensure that your clothing is not made from rough fabric. Avoid wearing cotton clothes when exercising- they trap moisture irritate the skin even more.
- Try to lose the excess fat on or between the thighs
- Use baby powder t0 protect your skin from the effects of sweating
- Drink plenty of fluids to aid in sweating and prevent salts from depositing on the skin surface
- Cover the vulnerable skin or chafed spot with a bandage to prevent further skin damage