Exercise of the week!Starting position
Plank position, hands on the ground slightly wider than shoulder-width, feet on a stable elevated surface (table, chair).
Inhale and lower your body down by bending your elbows until your face is a few inches from the floor. Exhale and return to starting position.
- Belly button towards the spine
- Palms support your weight
- Lengthen your neck and avoid elevating your shoulders
- Lower your body down in a controlled motion by bending your elbows and push your body up to return to starting position.
- Keep your head aligned with your spine
3 set X 8 rep
An ideal exercise for chest, shoulders, triceps and abdomen.
Sofia Papageorga, Yoga & Pilates Instructor, Personal Trainer, AthensTrainers® Associate