Exercise of the week!A total body exercise for dynamic stabilization with the use of a hammock…
Plank position, arms under your shoulders. Extend your legs and place your feet in the hammock.
Inhale and crunch your knees to chest, exhale and extend your legs aligning them with your spine.
- Depress your shoulders
- Chest boosted
- PH in and up, producing a power in opposition with the leg that stretches out
- Keep the PH engaged during the exercise
- While bending your legs bring the coccyx towards the ceiling, having your spine straight
- Keep your head aligned with your spine when extending your legs
- Elongate your arms
- Avoid locking your elbows
- keep the palm hollowed, pressing the base of your palms and the “small” last finger
oanna Tsaroucha, Pilates Instructor, AthensTrainers® Associate