Exercise of the week!
Have you ever dreamed about starring at Swan Lake? In order to do this, you have to work hard… so…Swan Preparation.
Prone position on the mat, arms bent, elbows close to your side, head aligned with torso and legs extended, hip width apart.
Inhale and during exhalation lift your head off the mat rising up from your upper back. Palms and forearms remain on the mat. Inhale ant return to starting position.
- Shoulders down
- Chest boosted
- PH in and up
- Elbows pressing on the floor
- Feel your shoulder blades sliding towards the pelvis
- Head aligned with your spine
- Send your tailbone onto the mat
– Dorsal muscles strengthening
– Spine mobility
– Elongation through extension
This exercise will help you to become a “swan”! After that…..you can claim the leading part!
Ioanna Tsaroucha, Pilates Instructor, AthensTrainers® Associate