Exercise of the week!Lie on your back with your arms along your sides, palms down.Keep your legs together, extend them straight up toward the ceiling at an angle a little bit lower than 90-degree .
Inhale and during exhalation draw your hips and legs over until they are parallel to the ground touching your partner’s toes. Inhale and flex your feet (feet hip width apart), exhale, bring your legs together in Pilates stance and lower them slightly to begin again.
- Avoid using momentum
- At final position support your body weight on the shoulders, not the neck
- At final position legs are parallel to the ground
- As you lowering your legs try keeping them close to your chest with your feet flexed
- Use abdominals to lengthen the spine while articulating the spine on the way down
- PH in and up
– Improves spine mobilization
– Stretches the back side of your body
– Strengthens the abdominals
– lmproves abdominal control
Christina Nikolia, Personal Trainer, Pilates Instructor, AthensTrainers® Associate