Containing a variety of nutrients these power seeds are bound to make snacking a healthy affair.
Pumpkin seeds have been associated with several health benefits. These include improved heart health, prostate health and protection against certain cancers. They are a rich source of healthy fats, fibers and various antioxidants that are beneficial for the heart. Diets rich in pumpkin seeds have been associated with lower levels of stomach, breast, lung, prostate and colon cancers.
You can enjoy pumpkin seeds in your breakfast, in bread or in savory cakes.
SUGGESTIONS FOR YOU
• Milk with cereals, pumpkin seeds and dried fruits
• Yogurt with cereals, pumpkin seeds and banana
• Toast with honey, pumpkin seeds and grated walnuts
• White or wholemeal bread with pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and flaxseed
• Savory cake with pepper, feta cheese and pumpkin seeds
Stella Sideratou, Dietitian – Nutritionist, Physiotherapist, Reflegologist, Pilates Trainer