Exercise of the week! An ideal exercise for muscle strength, coordination, balance and hip mobility.
Start in standing position holding a kettlebell in the right hand . Inhale and hinge your right hip back while also hinging your knee until you have a flat back and lowering the kettlebell to the floor. The moving leg should be straight out behind you. Exhale and return to starting position.
- Keep the stabilizing leg slightly bent
- Keep your pelvis parallel to the ground
- Hold the kettlebell firmly avoiding bending your elbow
- You can extend your free arm over your shoulder, aligned with the lifted leg
- Keep your chest open and lower your torso as far as you feel comfortable
- Perform the exercise on a step and lower your torso even more
- Hold the kettlebell with the opposite hand
- Hold 2 kettlebells, one in each hand
Grigoris Dogas, Personal Trainer, Seminar lecturer, AthensTrainers® Associate